あなたが唯一の例外です。

Best viewed in Mozilla, Fine in chrome, ugly in IE.
Japan JApan JAPan JAPAn JAPAN!
Want to know more about Japan Music, Read On! I'm sure you won't regret! Love, Joslyn and Stella.

About.

Hi!!!!! I'm Joslyn, plus Stella!
That's all you need to know! :p





Sources... and Shoguns

Saturday, July 17, 2010 4:24 AM

Hey guys!

Yup, Joslyn here again. In the previous post, I forgot to mention my sources, so here goes:

- www.japan-guide.com
- www.wikipedia.com

for this post:

- www.wikipedia.com

So, just FYI, because shoguns played a more important part of governing Japan in the past, I flt that it would be good if we included the more prominent ones here, since there are LOADS of them since the Nara period or something. :) So basically, below are the names ofhe 14 Tokugawa shoguns that maintained the peace and stability of Jan for 200+ years and helped it to prosper despite the whole closed door policy.


*Tokugawa Ieyasu (徳川家康, 1543–1616) (Reigned 1603–1605)
*Tokugawa Hidetada (徳川秀忠, 1579–1632) (Reigned 1605–1623)
*Tokugawa Iemitsu (徳川家光, 1604–1651) (Reigned 1623–1651)
*Tokugawa Ietsuna (徳川家綱, 1641–1680) (Reigned 1651–1680)
*Tokugawa Tsunayoshi (徳川綱吉, 1646–1709) (Reigned 1680–1709)
*Tokugawa Ienobu (徳川家宣, 1662–1712) (Reigned 1709–1712)
*Tokugawa Ietsugu (徳川家継, 1709–1716) (Reigned 1713–1716)
*Tokugawa Yoshimune (徳川吉宗, 1684–1751) (Reigned 1716–1745)
*Tokugawa Ieshige (徳川家重, 1711–1761) (Reigned 1745–1760)
*Tokugawa Ieharu (徳川家治, 1737–1786) (Reigned 1760–1786)
*Tokugawa Ienari (徳川家斉, 1773–1841) (Reigned 1787–1837)
* Tokugawa Ieyoshi (徳川家慶, 1793–1853) (Reigned 1837–1853)
* Tokugawa Iesada (徳川家定, 1824–1858) (Reigned 1853–1858)
* Tokugawa Iemochi (徳川家茂, 1846–1866) (Reigned 1859–1866)
* Tokugawa Yoshinobu (徳川慶喜, 1837–1913) (Reigned 1867–1868)

After the death of Iemochi, since he didnt have a son, Yoshinobu, his relative, took over and managed to usurp his throne... somehow. And that's how the whole samurai class thing was eliminated. Which isso sads, I mean, wouldnt it be cool if there were samurai still? Yamashita Tomohisa would officially be the hottest samurai :)